Agri Eastern Cape in conjunction with the EC Red Meat Producers Organization has the following position available:
Red Meat Industry Manager
Agri Eastern Cape is a member based and funded organisation with its office in Gqeberha.
Agri Eastern Cape is a representative organisation of commercial agriculture within the Eastern Cape Province. It promotes environmentally sustainable agriculture and influences government policy and formulation and provides value-added services to its members.
The organisation is looking for a dynamic, energetic, open-minded individual to manage the Red Meat Industry Portfolio within the Province, in conjunction with the Eastern Cape Red Meat Producers Organization under the organizations Commodity Chamber.
The ideal candidate must be prepared to travel locally and nationally when required.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To establish a subscription based red meat development desk within Agri EC to service the needs of the primary and secondary red meat industry
- Communicate with members on legislation, market price trends, relevant animal disease threats, industry research, marketing opportunities and consumer trends
- Engage and build trust relations with government role-players, key partners and stakeholders
- Establish mechanisms to facilitate greater alignment between primary and secondary role-players within the sector
- Disseminate information and production advice to assist producer development
- Assist with communal farmer development and formal value chain access.
Job-related knowledge and requirements:
- Experience of the red meat industry and a working knowledge of legislation and legislative frameworks relevant to commercial farming will be an advantage
- Ability to conduct negotiations with local, provincial and national governmental departments
- A formal relevant qualification or sufficient employment experience in any or some of the following fields is required: A red meat primary production qualification, feedlot, abattoir or other secondary industry qualification and/or experience in commercial red meat production aspects, relevant to small, medium and large-scale red meat commercial farming enterprises
- Computer literacy with excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills will be a pre-requisite
- A good working knowledge of social media platforms as well as the creating and uploading of content
- Must have problem solving and analytical skills
- An appropriate degree or diploma or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial position is required
- A code B drivers’ licence
- The successful applicant must possess their own vehicle, which they are prepared to use for official duties, such use to be re-imbursed at an agreed rate.
In return for your expertise, we offer a competitive market related salary.
Please forward your detailed CV with certified copies of all qualifications to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 7th of November 2022
Please be informed that if you have not been contacted within 14 days from the closing date of this advertisement, you must accept that your application was unsuccessful.